Numerous features that Snapchat has developed make using its app more exciting and enjoyable. The ability to use face filters when taking photos or videos and the ability to post stories for your friends to see are notable features. As opposed to having to type every message you want to send, these made sending messages to your contacts easier.
Dark Mode: What is it?
In Dark Mode, the color scheme of the app is adjusted to a darker setting (also known as night mode). Bedtime mode is another name for dark mode; if you plan to stay up late with the lights off, you should use this display setting. You can enable Dark Mode on Facebook, Snapchat, and other applications.
Unfortunately, not all apps have a night mode; in fact, some of the most well-liked ones still lack this useful function.
Can’t figure out how to use Snapchat on your iPhone or Android in Dark Mode? Not to worry. We will guide you through every step.
It’s best to switch to Dark Mode if you use Snapchat frequently on your iPhone or Android device. A darker theme not only makes the app look amazing, but it also makes it easier on the eyes and conserves battery life on OLED-screen devices.
In 2022, dark mode has really taken off thanks to the availability of this alternative viewing mode in so many of our favorite applications. Knowing how to activate dark mode in your most frequently used applications may prove useful more frequently than you think, whether people prefer to read at night or simply don’t want to strain their eyes as much.
However, Snapchat also provides a dark mode for iOS users, and it’s much simpler to enable than you might imagine. It’s important to note that, as of writing, Snapchat for Android devices does not currently support turning on Dark Mode. However, we will update this article as soon as it does.
Learn how to activate Snapchat’s dark mode by reading on.
The Quick Recap
- Opening Snapchat
- Select your Bitmoji.
- Click Settings.
- Down this page
- Toggle to App Appearance.
- Select Dark Mode
Use it as Follows
- You can access your Snapchat profile by clicking the “Bitmoji” in the top left corner of the app.
- On the top right, click the “Gear Icon” (Settings).
- “App Appearance” can be found by scrolling down.
- Decide on “Always Dark.”
How to Use Snapchat’s Dark Mode on Android
Sadly, Snapchat hasn’t made Dark Mode available for Android users, but they consistently update everything else. Since “Dark Mode” launched on iOS/iPhone about three years ago (in October 2019), it is probably safe to assume that it won’t be coming to Android.
Benefits of Snapchat’s dark mode
It conserves your phone’s battery and stops it from depleting more quickly. Darker themes use less battery because they don’t need as much light to display. On OLED screens, this feature is even more noticeable. You might get a few extra hours of battery life if you switch from a light theme to a dark theme.
Far Less Intrusive
- If you want to use apps in public places, dark mode is fantastic. primarily due to the reduced distraction. It’s almost rude to have a bright phone screen in a movie theater.
- You can use Snapchat around other people without visually distracting them by using the app in dark mode. You can use Snapchat hassle-free whether you’re in bed with a family member or out with friends.
- The Snapchat app has a direct access button for the dark mode feature. And because it’s already a feature of the iOS operating system, users can easily switch between light and dark modes without any hassle.
According to a Snapchat announcement, there will be a “Dark Mode” for all Android phones without the additional steps required to enable it on iPhones. We are hoping to receive that update as soon as possible as well.
With “Dark Mode” enabled, you can browse more on your phone at night without it putting too much strain on your eyes, which we hope will help make your Snapchat experience more enjoyable. With Snapchat, you can now enjoy it even more at night.